If you or your child want to study general English or prepare for an English language exam, our English school in Lisbon is the perfect place to start.
- structured courses from beginners to advanced levels, from children (5-9), middle schoolers (9-12), teens (12-17) and adult-only classes
- specialised courses in speaking skills and work skills
- help to prepare you for exams
- specially focussed courses for groups or individuals at your company or institution
- you will also gain access to the British Council's Student Portal, where you can find news, help, practice, as well as records of attendance and assessment.
The British Council provides facilities for students with certain special needs. Contact us to find out how we can help.
Our historic main office, the Palácio Menino de Ouro, opened in 1942 and was totally refurbished a few years ago.
We’re very proud of our works of art from the British Council Collection, which are on display throughout the building, with some signature works by the group known as the Young British Artists (YBAs). We also have a large garden with many rare trees and plants.
Our café offers a range of food and drinks.
Public areas are equipped with WiFi.
Visit the British Council in Lisbon online. Take a look using our 360º virtual tour.
Parking: on the local streets (paid) or in the car park opposite the Procuradoria Geral da República.
Buses: 773, 758 or walk from Rato
English courses we offer at this centre
- English summer courses
- General English
- Speaking English courses
- IELTS preparation courses
- Cambridge exam preparation courses
- CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) Essentials
- Primary Essentials
- TKT Essentials
- Steps to Success
- Special Educational Needs
- Learning Technologies for the Classroom