Our General English courses are specially designed to help you learn how to communicate effectively in English.
You will learn to be confident in the everyday English that people use for study, work and entertainment.
We will help you speak, listen, read and write more effectively. Our teachers will also give you personal advice on effective learning techniques including advice on the best exams for you.
Our general English courses offer:
• a chance to learn to communicate effectively in English
• an adult environment: all General English learners are 18 or older
• practicing your English in real life tasks and situations, through working in pairs and groups
• structured courses that build on and complement each other
• a level system that follows the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) (CEFR?)
• cover all four skills: speaking and listening, reading and writing
• a practical working knowledge of grammar and vocabulary
• a sense of progress, with occasional assessments and regular personalised feedback
• certificate of level based on CEFR. (CEFR?)
You will also gain access to the British Council's Student Portal, where you can find news, help, practice, as well as records of attendance and assessment.