Every year the EUNIC network in Portugal gets together to commemorate the European Day of Languages.
On 26 September, from 14.00 to 19.30, EUNIC Portugal and the European Commission Office in Portugal will mark this day with a cultural programme and activities in the garden of the Centro Galego de Lisboa. Admission is free, and there will be a raffle of language courses offered by organisers.
Visitors are invited to immerse themselves in all senses in nine European languages: Czech, German, Greek, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian.
On offer will be:
- mini-classes in some of these languages, repeated every half-hour from 14.30
- the discovery of culinary flavours, tasting snacks from some of the countries represented
- flamenco classes, and Romanian dance, as well as a concert of Italian music
Younger visitors can also explore European languages through various creative activities from storytelling through to an illustration workshop.
There will also be a draw for language courses, offered by European Day of Languages organising institutes.
- Camões - Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua
- British Council
- Istituto Italiano di Cultura
- Goethe - Institut
- Instituto Ibero - Americano da Finlândia
- Instituto Cervantes
- Institut Français du Portugal / Alliance Française
- Instituto Cultural Romeno
Come and celebrate multilingualism with us - we look forward to seeing you!