Maximise your potential. Maximise your chances by taking one of our Exam Preparation courses.
About IELTS Academic
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world’s most popular English test for higher education and global migration. It can help you live, study and work around the world. The British Council are IELTS specialists. Find out more about IELTS Academic.
About Cambridge English Language Assessment
Cambridge English Language Assessment exams are recognised by schools, universities and other institutions around the world. The British Council’s Online myClass Exam Preparation classes can help you to prepare for these English exams. Find out more about Cambridge Exams.
- B2 or First/FCE
- C1 Advanced (CAE)
- C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Our Exam Preparation courses
Our Exam Preparation courses offer:
- familiarisation with the test or exam
- practise on all the papers and question types
- exam tactics and techniques
- personalised feedback on personal/specific areas for improvement
- speaking test practice.
- analysing questions
- time management
- tips and advice
- mini practice tests to help you to develop your level of language and your exam technique.
- Note: Many of the same skills and exercise types that you will need for the exam are already included in our regular classes. Please ask your teacher for advice about taking a specialist Exam Preparation course.
- Remember to check the exam enrolment dates first before enrolling on an exam preparation course!
- Course fees do not include exam fees.
Online Cambridge Exam Preparation courses for children 2021
Is your child planning to take a Cambridge First B2 or Advanced C1 exam? An internationally recognised qualification provides evidence of their level of English and enhances their future study and work prospects. Join our exam preparation course to help your child prepare to do their very best in the exam. The course includes:
Online courses: (Students need to register separately for the exam. See our Exams pages for more information).
Delivery method: Zoom
Dates: Autumn Term 2021
30 September – 09 December 2021*
02 October – 04 December 2021*
* Note: The B2 First group will have a lesson on Thursday 28 October and the C1 Adv group a lesson on Saturday 30 October which for other YL courses is a non-teaching day. (The exam dates for First and Advanced is Saturday 11 December, so no class on or after that day.)