What is Addvantage?
Addvantage is the British Council’s examinations member scheme for schools, language centres, universities and institutions who register candidates with us each year. It’s our way of saying thank you and to welcome our new customers.
How does Addvantage work?
Your membership level will depend on the total number of registrations made with us in the previous academic year. New schools and institutions that join Addvantage will be offered a membership level according to the number of registrations they first make. Our examinations team will contact you at the beginning of the academic year with your membership level and to organise your benefits.
We offer three membership levels:
|No. of Registrations||Membership Level|
|100 and above||Addvantage Premium Plus|
As you move up the levels you will enjoy greater benefits as a thank you for registering your candidates through the British Council.
Join us now to start enjoying your membership benefits, including the use of the Addvantage member logo and promotional materials.
As part of your Addvantage Membership we offer you access to our LearnEnglish Exams website, which offers support and practice for candidates preparing for Cambridge English Qualifications B2 First, B2 First for Schools or C1 Advanced exams. The website is the ideal place for extra practice and last-minute revision.
Find out more about LearnEnglish Exams.
What benefits will I receive as an Addvantage member?
Each membership level has a wide range of attractive and exclusive benefits aimed at supporting your students, teachers and your school throughout the academic year. Some of the benefits we offer are:
- discounts on our exam registration fees
- high quality venues for your students’ computer-based, paper-based and speaking exams
- participation in the British Council’s Our Future competition for school-age learners with fantastic prizes
- access to our LearnEnglish Exams online support and practice website for candidates of Cambridge English Qualifications B2 First, B2 First for Schools and C1 Advanced exams
- free English language practice resources for all ages and all levels on our LearnEnglish websites, apps and MOOCs
- free exam practice resources for IELTS through Road to IELTS
- exam preparation and teacher training workshops delivered by our experienced trainers on your premises
- our guide to English language exams for your students’ parents, which provides advice on how to help their child with their English Language exams
- the right to use the approved British Council Addvantage branding and materials for promotional purposes following our guidelines of use
- our Addvantage newsletter full of helpful advice and tips for exam preparation, upcoming events and more
We offer many more benefits and update our offer every academic year.
How do I register candidates with the British Council and join Addvantage?
We welcome all new schools and institutions that would like to work with us. If you have a group of exam candidates, we can complete their exam registration for you. We will also offer you extra benefits and enhanced services a member of Addvantage.
We work with a wide range of schools in towns and cities across Portugal from language centres to public, private and international schools.
Contact our dedicated exams team for more information.