As the world’s English experts, we’re passionate about the English language and those who teach it. We’re here to help you become an even more effective English teacher. Invest in your professional development and you’ll be joining a community of teachers improving the performance and experience of their learners.
Assess your skills online with our exclusive self-assessment tool.
Visit TeachingEnglish Training to sign up for one of our free MOOCs.
To date we have developed six different courses on FutureLearn for teachers, including 12 weeks of content based on the Teaching for Success framework.
British Council courses for teachers currently available on FutureLearn are:
- Discover new English teaching methods and learn how to create an effective English lesson plan with this online teaching course.
- Discover how very young children learn English as an additional language and how you can help them progress.
- Assessment is becoming increasingly important in language education. Understand it better with this course for language teachers.
- Learn how to teach and support young people across the globe affected by violence, conflict or displacement.
and choose from over 60 self-study modules or full tutored courses to develop your knowledge and skills to take your teaching to the next level.
Further courses are in development:
- Teaching English: Language in use - a course about approaches to language input in the classroom
- Teaching English: Teaching Online - a practical course on the principles of teaching online in a range of contexts
- A course on Teaching IELTS
MA in English Language Teaching: Online
Enhance your career prospects with an internationally recognised post-graduate qualification in English language teaching from the UK.