Sobre este curso
Our online CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) Essentials course is designed for experienced primary and secondary school teachers, either language teachers supporting subject teachers or subject teachers working in a CLIL context, and introduces a variety of methodologies and practical strategies to use in the classroom.
The course will help you to:
- anticipate problems and select language to support understanding
- break down information into manageable chunks
- design tasks to increase communication
- provide learner training strategies to help learners recognise and improve their own weaknesses
- clarify whether assessment is based on content or linguistic abilities and providing relevant (personalised) feedback.
Teachers learn to use model language, evaluate language challenges in the classroom, develop enquiry-based learning and improve assessment methods and feedback. Practical examples throughout the course reflect a range of subjects and age groups.
The course consists of 20 units, each taking approximately 2.5 hours.
The units are divided into 2 modules:
- Module 1 – Knowledge and principles of CLIL (6 units)
- Module 2 – Lesson preparation, lesson delivery and assessment (14 units)
Download details of the course content (PDF, 170 KB).
Final assessment on the course consists of one 500-word essay and one lesson plan with rationale.
The course covers the topics of the Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) module of the Cambridge English: Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT). Participants completing this course may wish to take this examination but it is not necessary.