Special offer in partnership with APPI
“Learning Technologies for the Classroom” teacher training special offer in partnership with Associação Portuguesa de Professores de Inglês (APPI).
Special promo offer: €110.00 (APPI members ) and €140.00 (non-APPI members). Normal price is €184.00.
Join APPI now – only €35.00. Information at: http://www.appi.pt/members/join-appi-now and get the course for €110.00.
British Council’s “Learning Technologies for the Classroom” online moderated teacher training course is aimed at teachers in recruitment group 220 and 330 with a CEFR English level of B1 or above.
The next Learning Technologies course starts in September 2017. The course will involve about 3.5 hours of study per week over 16 weeks; 40 hours in total. 1.6 credits (CCPFC/ACC: 81584/15).
The course includes a wide range of practical ideas and web resources to help teachers integrate learning technologies into the English language classroom. More information at: http://www.appi.pt/appiforma/cursos-appiforma/?id=54
For more information about how to apply then please visit APPI's website: http://www.appi.pt/appiforma/annual-professional-development-pd-programme
Learning Technologies is an online course that introduces basic technologies that can be used in the English language classroom in an efficient, engaging and effective way, and shows you how to integrate learning technologies into your lessons.
The course will help you to:
- understand how and why learning technologies are being used in education
- develop an awareness of the learning technologies available today
- develop an ability to critically evaluate what is available on the web
- develop a knowledge of practical applications of the technologies
- develop a technical understanding of the tools and the technical skills necessary to use these in class
- apply this knowledge in order to integrate learning technologies into syllabi and lessons
- use learning technologies in a safe, engaging and effective manner
- recognise the potential of new web tools as learning technologies.
You’ll also benefit from practical classroom examples, as well as hints and tips on how to use and integrate technology into your lessons according to pedagogical principles.
Each online unit (16 in total) lasts around 2.5 hours, and includes links and video demonstrations about the technologies involved. The units includes a wide range of practical ideas and web resources that teachers can directly use with their learners. The course is organised into 4 modules:
Issues in Learning tech
Language development with tech
Each module consists of:
- articles, videos and presentations on the uses of learning technologies
- teaching ideas, lesson plans, 'how to' tutorials
- forums and wikis for participants to collaborate in
- exercises to test and extend knowledge
- links to further resources
- opportunities for reflection and learning through practice
- an end-of-level quiz to test that learning outcomes have been met.