Sobre este curso
Our Special Educational Needs self-access online course is aimed at teachers of English but the content is appropriate for all teachers working with learners with special needs. It is also suitable for both primary and secondary teachers and not just for SEN (Special Educational Needs) specialists.
The course will help to:
- inform teachers about a range of special educational needs and how they affect teaching and learning
- give teachers a set of teaching strategies which promote inclusive learning and benefit all pupils
- guide teachers in developing an inclusive approach in their classroom or school
- support teachers in becoming more confident when dealing with learners with special educational needs.
- help teachers identify and overcome their own biases and prejudices.
The course consists of 11 units covering the following areas:
|3||Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)|
|5||Social, emotional, behavioural difficulties|
|6||Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome (AS)|
|7||Gifted and talented|
|8||Multicultural and impact on learning difficulties|
|10||Language and speech|
The course is 100% self-access. However, you can also complete a portfolio which is assessed by a tutor and on which the participants are given a final assessment of Excellent/Satisfactory/Development required.
The assessed portfolio tasks will take an additional 8 hours to complete, completing tasks on 8 of the units. Your tutor will assess and give you feedback on your portfolio tasks for eight units.