Sobre este curso
Steps to Success is a self-access course delivered online: participants complete work on their own but they also put together a portfolio which is marked by a tutor.
The course is designed to help teachers make the transition from newly qualified teacher to developing teacher. It provides the support to help teachers put theory into practice, enhancing their initial knowledge and experience gained from teacher training.
It has been written specifically for English language teachers who are in their first two years of teaching. It is suitable for teachers working in the state sector at primary, secondary or tertiary level, or in the private English language teaching sector.
The course aims to:
- expand teachers' knowledge of methodology, lesson planning and assessment
- focus on communicative and learner-centred teaching
- allow teachers to observe and try out methods and resources
- relate course ideas to teachers' own contexts
- develop reflection and professional development skills.
The course is made up of the following components:
- ten online modules, comprising a minimum of 35 hours' training
- fully comprehensive tutors' notes with detailed guides for portfolio tasks.
Each of the ten modules includes video, activities, portfolio tasks, a downloadable module summary, further reading and internet links.
Each module takes three to four hours to complete and time for portfolio tasks is an additional hour or two. The course provides approximately 15 hours of portfolio tasks. This makes the full course 50 hours of study.
Download details of the course content (PDF, 64 kb).
Participants can download a certificate of completion after each module. In addition, you can choose to have your portfolio assessed by one of our expert teacher-trainers and receive the full course certificate; participants must pass 22 of the 26 portfolio tasks.