Sobre este curso
Our TKT Essentials online course provides teachers of English with an introduction to the basic theory associated with a communicative approach to English language teaching. It is suitable for teachers who are either completing their training or who are in the first two years of their teaching.
- helps you to understand the key concepts in the theory of communicative language teaching
- provides a comprehensive introduction to knowledge for the teacher about language learners and actual classroom practice.
The course structure and content are based on the syllabus of the Cambridge English Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT). The course can be taken in preparation for the test or as a teacher development course on its own. Find out more about the Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT).
The course consists of three modules, divided into a total of 34 units, each of which is between 90 minutes and three hours long, as well as a Getting Started unit.
We are currently offering Module 1 – Language and background to language learning and teaching (18 units/36 hours):
The course consists of three modules, divided into a total of 34 units, each of which is between 90 minutes and three hours long, as well as a Getting Started unit:.
- Module 1 - Language and background to language learning and teaching (18 units/36 hours)
- Module 2 - Lesson planning and use of resources for language teaching (9 units/19 hours)
- Module 3 - Managing the teaching and learning process (7 units/15 hours)
Each module includes:
- articles, videos and presentations
- teaching ideas, lesson plans, 'how to' tutorials
- forums and wikis for participants to collaborate in
- exercises to test and extend knowledge
- opportunities for reflection and learning through practice
- an end-of-module written assignment to test that learning outcomes have been met.
TKT Essentials online has been created as a moderated course. This means that the course has been written as a lock-step course in which a group of participants work though the materials according to a schedule. They interact with each other and are led by an online tutor, who moderates discussions and develops learning points, etc.