Learn English online and set yourself up for a bright future
Our Lower Secondary Online English courses, unique to the British Council, will help you develop your English and reach your full potential.
You will get the most out of learning English at home with a combination of:
- live online classes with a specialist, qualified teacher
- interactive guided study, to be done before or after class, in an easy to use online learning environment or learning hub.
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES HELP YOU DEVELOP CONFIDENCE IN UNDERSTANDING AND USING ENGLISH
During the live classes, you will:
- explore a range of interesting topics through English
- speak English with your teacher and classmates to develop your confidence and fluency
- extend the range of vocabulary and language patterns that you can understand and use
- develop your ability to express your ideas in English in speaking and writing tasks
- get feedback from your teacher on what you’ve done well and how to improve.
DEVELOP VALUABLE LIFE SKILLS AS YOU LEARN ENGLISH WITH US
We encourage children to be active participants in their own learning and learn through doing. You will
- develop communication and teamworking skills as you work in pairs and small groups on varied and exciting tasks and projects
- be encouraged to solve problems and be creative in your thinking as you work on a range of stimulating topics
- become more aware of your own learning, your strengths and weaknesses and what you need to do to improve.
Small classes mean you will get the best out of learning English online because you are guaranteed attention and personal support from your expert teacher.
Stay connected and continue learning between live classes
Between classes you can continue to learn and practise your English. The online platform provides a variety of tasks and activities that you can work through at your own pace:
- language practice games and activities
- reading and listening tasks
- writing practice
Be yourself and build confidence in a safe and inclusive learning environment
Our secure, online learning environment or Learning hub provides a space for you to feel comfortable and learn to express yourself with confidence:
- you will be in a class with other students who are of a similar age and language level as you
- your teacher will give you plenty of opportunity, encouragement and support to express your ideas, helping you to gain confidence in speaking English
- we put your well-being first and have robust measures in place to ensure you are safe and your data is protected.