Children aged 9 and over until December 31:
In order to book a free class and/or register for a British Council English course, your child must take a level test. Book the free level test here.
Developing the life skills your child needs for their future
Our Primary Plus Online English courses, unique to the British Council, will help your child develop their English and reach their full potential.
They will get the most out of learning English at home with a combination of:
- lively online classes with a specialist, qualified teacher
- interactive study to prepare them for the lesson – all in a safe, easy-to-use learning environment.
You will have access to your child’s personal dashboard. Together you can track their progress, celebrate their successes and understand where they are within their learning journey.
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES HELP TO DEVELOP CONFIDENCE IN UNDERSTANDING AND USING ENGLISH
During the live classes, they will:
- work in groups to practise speaking and problem-solving, and collaborating on projects
- get used to communicating and collaborating with others in preparation for life in the outside world
- get feedback from their teacher on what they’ve done well and how to improve.
Deepen their learning between classes
Your child will prepare for each class at their own pace so class time is more focused on improving their English-speaking skills. This part of their experience
- helps your child improve their English reading, writing and listening skills with engaging, high-quality online learning resources designed by experts
- keeps your child motivated with online exercises and activities, including quizzes and games based on real-world topics and fun characters
- gives them space to deepen their understanding of English
- is child-friendly and easy to use, so they can work independently
- has built-in self-evaluation, so your child can feel proud of their progress and reflect on where they can improve
- includes a personalised dashboard so you and your child can understand where they are within their learning journey
- helps your child feel the benefit of preparation, making them feel more confident to speak in class
- helps build good habits and a love of learning English.
Happy learners make confident speakers!
There are many reasons your child will love our classes:
- lots of time to practise speaking English, having fun learning with classmates of the same age in groups and pairs
- small class sizes mean that our highly qualified and passionate teachers can give more personalised attention
- the chance to enjoy natural interactions and bond with classmates
What your child will learn
Aged 8 to 9 your child will:
- learn and practise new vocabulary and phrases on familiar topics
- read independently and form an interest in a variety of topics.
They will do this by:
- developing their imagination through storytelling
- learning from their curiosity about the natural world, from the sea to outer space
- thinking about and sharing ideas on how to keep happy and healthy
- exploring ways to be a good citizen
- reflecting on their life, interests and hopes for the future.
Learn English and so much more
Young students on our English courses learn by getting involved in activities that interest them. Our expert teachers help them develop their English skills – and also creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
Set your child on the path to success
We see parents as partners. You will receive regular feedback on your child’s progress.