Our Shakespeare resources build on the British Council's "ShakespeareLives" Project, a year-long global programme of events and activities which celebrated the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death in 2016.
Many of the online resources produced as part of the Programme remain relevant and available. Resources include:
- innovative short films inspired by individual Shakespeare plays
- digital platforms that allow you to “remix” the plays
- educational resources for schools and English language learners of all ages, in the UK and around the world
- the British Film Institute's (BFI) Shakespeare on Screen, includes films dating from 1899 right up to the present day, all adapted from and inspired by Shakespeare’s work
- Shakespeare sonnets - old and new! The Poetry Archive's Shakespeare 400 Collection contains recordings of twenty sonnets read by ten major poets. Each poet has chosen a favourite sonnet by Shakespeare and, inspired by that sonnet, has written a new sonnet of their own
- Discover more about ShakespeareLives and explore the Archive and resources at https://www.shakespearelives.org/programme
Shakespeare Resources in Portugal
The Complete Walk
Shakespeare's Globe presents an all-star cast in 37 short films – one for each play – and here's the twist: each lavish 10 minute vignette is made on location in the real setting of each plot.See highlights from The Complete Walk.
Selections of these were originally shown continuously in the foyers of museums, libraries and theatres in Lisbon, where the public could follow a trail and see all 37 films and explore the cultural institutions where they were screened.
Copies of the Complete Walk are available for loan to schools, theatres, libraries and similar institutions. For further details, please contact email@example.com