An English course that goes further – so your child can go further, too
Primary Plus, developed by our team of English experts, will spark your child’s imagination, so they can express themselves with confidence that goes beyond their English language skills.
Our new approach means your child will have a more rewarding learning experience, getting the most out of learning English with a combination of:
- lively classes with a specialist teacher
- interactive independent study, set by your child's teacher to prepare for or follow up on classwork – all on a safe, easy to use learning hub.
NEW! Practising English with learners from other countries
Our Primary Plus course has an exciting new feature. We will connect children with other English learners from our global network of teaching centres in over 40 countries. With this unique experience they can practise their English skills while exploring different cultures. Each term students will work with their peers in other countries on team projects that broaden their horizons and help them become globally connected citizens of the world. Delivered in a safe and relaxed way by our expert teachers, all these experiences will be organised around the existing learning curriculum and class schedules.
On the learning hub you will have access to your child’s personal dashboard. Together you can track their progress, celebrate their successes and understand where they are within their learning journey.
How the learning hub helps your child make more progress
Your child will do independent study on the learning hub before and after class. It is set by their teacher to complete at their own pace, so class time is more focused on improving their English-speaking skills.
This part of their experience:
- helps your child improve their English reading, writing and listening skills with engaging, high-quality online learning resources designed by experts
- keeps your child motivated with online exercises and activities, including quizzes and games based on real-world topics and fun characters
- gives them space to deepen their understanding of English and improve their grammar and vocabulary
- is child-friendly and easy to use, so they can work independently
- has built-in self-evaluation, so your child can feel proud of their progress and reflect on where they can improve
- includes a personalised dashboard so you and your child can understand where they are within their learning journey
- helps your child feel the benefit of preparation, making them feel more confident to speak in class
- helps build good habits and a love of learning English.
Discover the learning hub; Course details and fees
Immersive classes with expert teachers to boost English speaking skills
Happy learners make confident speakers! There are many reasons your child will love our classes:
- lots of time to practise speaking English, having fun learning with classmates of the same age in groups and pairs
- small class sizes mean that our highly qualified and passionate teachers can give more personalised attention
- the chance to enjoy natural interactions and bond with classmates
Developing the life skills your child needs for their future
Your child will also develop leadership, collaboration, and critical thinking skills in a relaxed environment where they can be themselves. They will:
- work in teams or pairs to practise speaking, problem-solving and collaborating on projects with a focus on real-world topics like the natural world and the environment
- build resilience and get used to communicating and collaborating with others in preparation for life in a global world.
What will my child learn?
Aged 6 to 7 your child will:
- begin to read and write in English, first at word level, then at sentence level
- build phrases, using new vocabulary
- understand and present their ideas in English on familiar topics.
They will do this by:
- finding out how everyone is unique in their likes, dislikes and interests
- recognising how daily lives can be similar or different
- describing their own surroundings, from their bedroom to their neighbourhood
- being aware how they express their feelings and make life choices
- thinking about the natural world and how they belong in it.
Aged 8 to 9 your child will:
- learn and practise new vocabulary and phrases on familiar topics, in activities such as writing creatively
- read independently and form an interest in a variety of topics.
They will do this by:
- developing their imagination through storytelling
- learning from their curiosity about the natural world, from the sea to outer space
- thinking about and sharing ideas on how to keep happy and healthy
- exploring ways to be a good citizen
- reflecting on their life, interests and hopes for the future.
Learn English and so much more
Young students on our English courses learn by getting involved in activities that interest them. Our expert teachers help them develop their English skills – and also creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
Set your child on the path to success
We see parents as partners. You will receive regular feedback on your child’s progress. At each age, we will assess their development in English language and core life skills.
You will also get a log in to the Primary Plus online portal, so that your child can continue learning at home.
A safe, supportive place to learn
We are trusted by parents the world over, not only for our expertise in teaching English, but for our high levels of child protection and safeguarding. Read our Child Protection policy.
We’ve put in place robust measures to make sure your child is safe and that their data is protected.
Our priority is to keep everyone safe while ensuring minimal disruption your child’s English learning experience.
Our promise to you
- in case we need to close the teaching centre in line with government guidelines, your child’s classes will continue online
- online classes will include the same number of hours as face-to-face classes
- Interactive study can be accessed using a desktop computer, laptop or tablet.
- We do not recommend using a mobile phone because we want to make sure all our students enjoy a quality learning experience.
- You will also need a good wifi connection.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PARENTS OF OUR LEARNERS
“This course is an added value for them, not just for the English but also for all their skills.”
“One of the good things about the British Council is that, unlike other language courses, a person is immersed in British culture”
“When he comes out of class, he feels so enthusiastic and at ease.“
|Father of a 7-year-old and a 9-year-old learner
||Father of a 6-year-old learner
||Mother of an 8-year-old learner