An English course that goes further – so your child can go further, too
Our Lower Secondary English courses for 10 to 12 year olds, developed by our team of English experts, will teach your child the skills to build their confidence and help them reach their full potential.
Our new approach means your child will have a more rewarding learning experience, getting the most out of learning English with a combination of:
- lively classes with lots of speaking activities and a specialist, highly-trained teacher
- interactive independent study, to prepare for or consolidate classroom learning– all on an easy to use learning hub.
NEW! Practising English with learners from other countries
Our Secondary Plus course has an exciting new feature. We connect students with other English learners from our global network of teaching centres in over 40 countries. With this unique experience they can practise their English skills while exploring different cultures. Each term students will work with their peers in other countries on projects that broaden their horizons and help them become globally connected citizens of the world. Delivered in a safe and relaxed way by our expert teachers, all these experiences will be organised around the existing learning curriculum and class schedules.
Immersive classes with expert teachers to boost English speaking skills
Happy learners make confident speakers! There are many reasons your child will love our classes:
- lots of time to practise speaking English, having fun learning with classmates of the same age in groups and pairs
- small class sizes mean that our highly qualified and passionate teachers can give more personalised attention
- the chance to enjoy natural interactions and bond with classmates.
Developing the life skills your child needs for their future
Your child will also develop leadership, collaboration, and critical thinking skills in a relaxed environment where they can be themselves. They will:
- have lots of time to speak English and practise pronunciation with their teacher and fellow classmates
- develop their communication skills by working on projects in pairs and small teams
- learn about real-world topics like animals and the environment , science and inventions, film, music and culture
- build up to a final project at the end of each module that has a real-life outcome, such as designing and presenting a new gadget, planning a speech to help save the environment, or participating in a debate about animal rights
How the learning hub helps your child make more progress
Your child will do independent study on the learning hub before and after class. It is set by their teacher to complete at their own pace, so class time is more focused on improving their English-speaking skills.
This part of their experience:
- helps your child improve their English reading, writing and listening skills with engaging, high-quality online learning resources designed by experts
- keeps your child motivated with online exercises and activities, including quizzes and games based on real-world topics
- gives them space to deepen their understanding of English and improve their grammar and vocabulary
- is child-friendly and easy to use, so they can work independently
- has built-in self-evaluation, so your child can feel proud of their progress and reflect on where they can improve
- includes a personalised dashboard so you and your child can understand where they are within their learning journey
- helps your child feel the benefit of preparation, making them feel more confident to speak in class
- helps build good habits and a love of learning English.