More than just an English course – learn English for the real world
Secondary Plus is no ordinary English course – it has been designed by the world’s English experts. You will enjoy dynamic lessons on real-life topics that teach the necessary skills to build confidence and help reach the full potential.
With us you will have a more rewarding learning experience, getting the most out of learning English with a combination of:
- lively speaking classes with a specialist, highly-trained teacher
- interactive independent study, set by the teacher that will prepare for the class – all in an easy to use digital learning environment.
Practical. Challenging. Hands on.
Your spoken English will improve alongside your written English as you:
- gain confidence in speaking English through activities such as presentations, fun debates, vlogging and interviews
- learn about real-world topics like urbanisation, the environment, ethical food and climate change
- develop life skills such as collaboration and leadership to help you succeed in the future, and have lots of fun along the way.
Feel welcome in a friendly class
Learn English in an inclusive learning space, with people your own age. Your dedicated and talented teacher will treat you as an individual and motivate you to take charge of your learning.
You can also practise your English on the go or at home using Secondary Online.
When you learn with us, the world opens up
Secondary Plus will help you succeed at school, prepare for Cambridge English exams and get ready for university.
Making friends, studying and travelling – when you can speak English, you’re ready for anything.
Stay connected and continue learning between classes
To help you get the most out of each lesson, before the class the teacher will give you interactive pre-tasks to study independently.. This means you will come to class fully-prepared so that you can focus on improving your English-speaking skills:
- everyone learns in their own way so you will complete the pre-task at your own pace, which will help you to build confidence in speaking English, ready for your future
- tasks are specially designed to develop reading, writing and listening skills
- you will use real-world English materials, such as magazine articles, job adverts, film reviews, music podcasts and sports vlogs to improve your grammar and vocabulary
- a personal journal and dashboard will help to work on your projects, and let you keep track of your progress at any time
- you can connect with your teacher and fellow classmates using a discussion forum – chat about the project you are working on and upload work for the teacher to review.
Secondary Plus levels
We offer Secondary Plus at levels SB1, SB2 and SC1.
- Each of these levels is a two-year course, in line with the recommendations of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- These two-year courses have different content in each year, and the years can be studied in either order.
- Levels SB2 and SC1 include preparation for the exams Cambridge B2 First and Cambridge C1 Advanced.