|Start in September||2 classes/week x 1.5 hours
1 class /week x 3 hours
|Coimbra, Foz do Douro, Lisbon,
Miraflores, Parede and Porto
|13-17 years old|
More than just an English course – learn English for the real world
Secondary Plus is no ordinary English course – it has been designed by the world’s English experts. You will enjoy dynamic lessons on real-life topics that prepare you for a global world.
Practical. Challenging. Hands on.
Your spoken English will improve alongside your written English as you:
- gain confidence in speaking English through activities such as presentations, fun debates, vlogging and interviews
- learn about real-world topics like urbanisation, the environment, ethical food and climate change
- develop life skills such as collaboration and leadership to help you succeed in the future, and have lots of fun along the way.
Feel welcome in a friendly class
Learn English in an inclusive learning space, with people your own age. Your dedicated and talented teacher will treat you as an individual and motivate you to take charge of your learning.
You can also practise your English on the go or at home using Secondary Online.
When you learn with us, the world opens up
Secondary Plus will help you succeed at school, prepare for Cambridge English exams and get ready for university.
Making friends, studying and travelling – when you can speak English, you’re ready for anything.
We operate a secure pick-up service: no child can leave the building without parental approval. Read our Child Protection policy.
Secondary Plus levels
- We offer Secondary Plus at levels SB1, SB2 and SC1.
- Each of these levels is a two year course, in line with the recommendations of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- These two-year courses have different content in each year, and the years can be studied in either order.
- Levels SB2 and SC1 include preparation for the exams Cambridge B2 First and Cambridge C1 Advanced.