Registering for a course at the British Council Portugal is easy.
To help us choose the right course for your child, your child will need to take a short English level test. Please note that the test is only for British Council courses in Portugal.
Please note: your child does not need to do a placement test if:
- they are below 10 years of age on 31 December
- they have done a placement test within the past six months
- your child is attending one of our intensive holiday courses.
If any of these apply, please contact us.
STEP 1 – Choose a date online for a free level test
- Find the next date your child can do an online level test. Choose a date by booking online.
- Together, the online oral and written assessment take between 15 and 20 minutes depending on your child's age and level. The test will take place online. The test is free.
- Note: for the online level test, minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian so that they can consent to the processing of personal data.