Registering for a course at the British Council Portugal is easy.
To help us choose the right course for your child, your child will need to take a short English level test. Please note that the test is only for British Council courses in Portugal.
Please note: your child does not need to do a placement test if:
- they are below 9 years of age on 31 December
- they have done a placement test within the past six months
- your child is attending one of our intensive holiday courses.
If any of these apply, please contact us.
STEP 1 – Choose a date for a free level test
- Find the next date your child can do an online level test. Choose a date by clicking on 'Book a free consultation'.
- Together, the oral and written assessment take between 15 and 20 minutes depending on your child's age and level. The test is free.
- Note: for the level test, minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian so that they can consent to the processing of personal data.
STEP 2 – Register for a course
When we have the results of the test, we will be able to help you to choose the best course for your child. In Portugal, we offer a wide range of English courses for children and teens.