Aptis ESOL - Cancellation and Refund Policy
To apply for a cancellation or a refund, you need to complete and submit the online refund form available at the bottom of this page.
A cancellation and refund of the examination fee is possible under the following conditions:
- If a refund request is submitted within 14 calendar days after the date of confirmation of payment, you will receive a reimbursement of the test fee and no administration costs will be deducted.
- If a refund request is submitted outside the 14-day cancellation period but before 7 calendar days prior to the test date, you will receive a reimbursement of your test fee minus an administration fee of 20€.
- If you cancel your Aptis ESOL test registration outside the 14-days cancellation period but within 7 days to the test date, no refund will be issued, except in case of certified illness or compassionate reasons.
- If a refund request is submitted for certified illness or compassionate reasons (injury, adversity - e.g., theft or traffic accident - loss of family member up to second degree), you can submit a request up to 4 weeks after the test date. You will receive a reimbursement of your test fee minus and administration fee of 20€. You must attach to your request written evidence (see Documentation section below).
To cancel your test date, please complete the Refund Request Form available at the end of the page.
Please note that requests via e-mail or any other means of communication will not be processed.
As part of the process, you will be prompted to upload relevant supporting evidence:
- Copy of the Confirmation of Payment email received after you completed your booking.
- Bank transfer slip (in case you completed your payment off-line).
- If applicable, written evidence justifying your absence on the test day:
a) Official medical certificate signed and stamped by a registered practitioner. If your request is based on Covid-19 grounds, and in absence of an official certificate, we may accept evidence in other formats, such as email or screenshot.
b) Police report, death certificate, other official statements
The British Council will make the repayment using the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction.
|Refund Request Form|